Seniors, please visit this area again for updated and new information.
- Make sure to finish your college application process now, usually by the end of October the Fall Semester of your senior year. Deadlines are approaching soon for scholarship consideration for some colleges/universities.
- Seniors taking a college visitation day need to get a permission form in the main office, get proper signatures on both sides of the form, and return it to a counselor at least two days before the planned visit.
- Seniors who have not yet taken the SAT or ACT should make sure to do so soon. These scores are needed for college admission and for many scholarship applications. Be sure to select up to four colleges or universities to send your scores. (Some colleges/universities are no longer accepting standardized test scores from your transcript, so it is important that you fill in the report requests on the application.) Since these tests are not administered at Oregon-Davis, be sure to note the locations on-line. Test sites vary each month, but finding one in a close-by school is not difficult. Oregon-Davis’s school code is 7831 and College Board High School Code is 151430. Please be sure to submit our school code on the registration form. Students must register online at sat.collegeboard.org/register OR www.actstudent.org
- Scholarship information is on the school web site under the guidance section. To find scholarships of all kinds, use this resource as an excellent place to start. Don’t delay researching. Earning scholarships takes a lot of effort on the part of the student.
- Consider signing up for scholarship searches online. One of the most popular is www.fastweb.com You will have to create a profile of yourself after which the scholarship service will begin sending possible scholarship ideas to your account.
- All seniors met with counselor during the month of September for their personal “senior conference.” Information covered in these conferences included the following:
- post high school plans
- college applications
- diploma type
- scholarships and other concerns.