As our corporation continues to focus on a growth mindset, below are questions and feedback comments that may be utilized as we are teaching, modeling and encouraging a growth mindset. Use the questions and feedback comments with your children.
Question to develop a growth mindset:
- What did you learn in school today?
- What steps did you take to make your day successful?
- What challenges did you face today?
- What can you learn from your challenges today?
Feedback comments to develop a growth mindset:
- This is a challenging concept to learn, but I believe you can master it.
- You may not understand it yet but you will if you keep working at it.
- Getting better takes time, and I see you improving.
- Taking risks are OK, that is how you learn.
Below is a video that explains a growth mindset. I encourage you to watch the video as well as utilize the information above to stimulate a growth mindset with your children.
Dr. Donald E. Harman