Dual Credit and Vocational Opportunities Available
Oregon-Davis has many vocational opportunities and dual credit options available for students, which prepare students for life after high school. Vocational courses and industry certifications equip students with marketable skills that can be used to get a job after high school graduation. Dual credit courses allow students to earn college credits while still in high school, saving money in two ways: by earning college credit through less expensive courses in high school and by helping students graduate college faster, minimizing the college tuition bill.
O-D students are encouraged to pursue dual credit and vocational opportunities while in high school to prepare for success after graduation, no matter the path they choose.
As students begin to look at scheduling for the 2018-19 school year, they should be aware of the various vocational programs offered. Oregon-Davis Jr-Sr High School has a partnership with the North Central Area Vocational Cooperative (NCAVC) to offer several half-day courses that provide students with an opportunity to earn dual credit through Ivy Tech and Ancilla College, as well as industry certifications. Visit the NCAVC website for more information: http://ncavcindiana.weebly.com/. Available vocational classes are:
- Automotive Services Technology I & II
- Construction Technology I & II
- Cosmetology I & II • Criminal Justice I & II
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Early Childhood Education I & II
- Graphic Imaging Technology I & II
- Health Science Education I & II
- Industrial Automation & Robotics I & II
- Networking I & II
- Precision Machining I & II
- Welding Technology I & II Interested students should speak to their counselor about taking advantage of vocational and dual credit opportunities.