The Oregon-Davis School Corporation has created a partnership with the Health Centers and the Indiana Rural Health Association (IRHA) that is a blessing for our students! Our corporation received a grant from the IRHA that has allowed us to implement and maintain a telehealth clinic at no cost to the corporation. The telehealth clinic is located at our elementary school and is available to all Oregon-Davis School Corporation students.
What is telehealth?
- Telehealth utilizes telecommunication technology that allows a student to be seen by a healthcare provider without leaving school.
- Telehealth clinic visits are conducted at the Elementary School in a private room.
- An on-site medical assistant utilizes special equipment to virtually connect with a licensed healthcare provider.
- The healthcare provider sees a live feed of what the on-site medical assistant is examining (ears, eyes, throat, skin) as well as listening to (heart, lungs).
- A parent or guardian’s insurance will be billed for services provided in the clinic. If a parent or guardian does not have insurance, services provided will be provided on a sliding-scale based on the household income.
- Attached is a brochure with additional information.
The telehealth clinic is open 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM on days that school is in session. For a student to receive services in the telehealth clinic, a parent consent form must be signed. The enrollment form is attached. Forms are also available at each school, on each school’s facebook page, or on our website.
Dr. Donald E. Harman