Oregon Davis builds in time for students to read at school each day, but research shows that this may not be enough. Students who read at home in addition to reading at school tend to have an increase in student achievement. Below are some ways to incorporate reading at home!
- Read the cereal box each morning
- Find a reading website or app that your child enjoys
- Look up information about a favorite subject on the computer
- Take regular trips to the library
- Start a book club with friends
- Model reading by reading in front of and to your children