The Importance of Parent/Teacher Collaboration
Parents and teachers share the same goals for children and students; they want each individual to do their best. This will happen when parents and teachers work together. This can happen in a number of ways.
- Keeping lines of communication open between parents and teachers.
- Parents help by setting aside time for schoolwork at home.
- Teachers can send newsletters, create blogs, make phone calls and send report cards.
- Parents can attend parent/teacher conferences to make sure that parents, teachers and students are all on the same page.
- Parents can volunteer in the classroom or building.
- Parents can help the teacher by letting them know about things happening at home.
- Teachers and parents can work as a team to provide the best for students.