Oregon-Davis will be holding preschool registration on April 15. A child is eligible to attend preschool if he or she is 4 or 5 years old and will be entering kindergarten during the 2016-17 or 2017-18 school year. Preschool has a limited number of openings and is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a fee for children to attend preschool. Parents of preschool children are also to bring birth certificate and immunization records when they come in to register.
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Calling all kindergarten parents! Kindergarten Round-Up is right around the corner. Please mark your calendars. If you child will be 5 on or before Aug. 1, 2015, please plan to attend the Kindergarten Round-Up to be enrolled in kindergarten for the 2015-16 school year. Kindergarten Round-Up at Oregon-Davis Elementary School is Wednesday, April 15 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please call Oregon-Davis Elementary School at (574) 867-2711 to schedule an appointment before April 15 or if you have any questions concerning kindergarten.
Parents are to bring:
- Child’s official birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Bring your child! The Kindergarten teachers will be conducting a basic skills assessment with each child.
Many studies have been done that link sleep and learning. Researchers have found that well rested minds are able to learn easier and retain more information. So, how much sleep does your child need?
- 1-3 years old: 12-14 Hours per day
- 3-6 years old: 10-12 Hours per day
- 7-12 years old: 10-11 Hours per day
- 12-18 years old: 8-9 Hours per day